Sending and receiving sms
Now we will try to send and receive messages using our VIBE2. For this you have to follow these steps:
Sending a message
- Insert a micro SIM card in the 6 pin micro sim connector.
- Power the board using a 5V (max 5A) DC adapter.
- Log in to the VIBE2 using any of the techniques explained in this document.
- Set VIBE2 into AT commands mode by using
$ minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB0
NOTE: Verify the USB port as it is different for different modems.
- Now execute the following AT commands to send a message:
This checks whether AT commands are responding or not.
This gives the details of your Internet service provider.
This signify the signal strength of your network.
This command is used to set the format of short message in TEXT mode.
AT+CMGS=”PHONE NUMBER TO WHOM MESSAGE IS TO BE SEND” <CR> “HELLO” <Ctrl-Z>
This command is used to send short messages.
Receiving a message
This command lists all the available messages stored in the memory.
This command shows a particular message(in this case message stored at index 1 in the memory will be displayed)
AT Commands Manual
The AT Command Manual for the 2G modem can be downloaded from here
The AT Command Manual for the 3GH-A/B/C and 3GC-A type Modules can be downloaded from WCDMA here
The AT Command Manual for the 3GH-D Module is available on request. Contact Yantrr support.